Office Administrator, Crook
We are currently seeking a skilled and highly organised Office Administrator to join our dynamic team. As an Office Administrator, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of our office, maintaining efficient administrative processes, and providing excellent support to both our internal team and external stakeholders.
- Manage day-to-day administrative tasks, including but not limited to: answering phone calls, making phone calls to clients, responding to emails, scheduling appointments and handling extensive correspondence.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, anticipate needed supplies, and place orders when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation of various reports and documents.
- Review and interpret files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests.
- Receive, document, investigate and resolve customer concerns/complaints, elevating serious issues to higher management.
- Organize and maintain physical and electronic files, ensuring all records are accurately documented and easily accessible.
- Collaborate with other departments to facilitate smooth communication and ensure efficient workflow.
- Support the finance team by processing purchase orders and other financial documents as required.
- Ensure the office environment is clean, tidy, and well-maintained.
The candidate requires:
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy in all work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work independently.
Preferred but not essential:
- Office Experience
- Computer systems knowledge (Word, Excel, Outlook) and other office management software.
Education and Experience:
- GCSE or equivalent (required) Additional certification or training in office administration is a plus.
Joining our team as an Office Administrator provides an opportunity to contribute to a thriving and supportive work environment. You will work alongside talented professionals and play a vital role in ensuring the smooth operation of our office. We offer competitive compensation, benefits, and opportunities for growth and professional development.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and a cover letter outlining your relevant experience and why you are interested in this role. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
RA Dalton is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Note: This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the Office Administrator position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required. The company reserves the right to modify the job description as needed.
Whilst we retain our heritage and culture as a family business, we’ve grown to be the national leader in off-mains drainage. Our employees are the heart of everything we do, the job will be in a small friendly office.
Benefits after the probationary period:
- Private Healthcare Scheme
- Initial training internally with an option to further if desired
Terms of Employment:
- Permanent Fixed Contract
- Monday – Friday
- 9:00 AM to 5:00PM
- Full time or part time position available with hours open to negotiation for the right candidate
- Position will be at our Crook Office: Unit 10C, Beechburn Industrial Estate, Crook, Bishop Auckland, Co. Durham, DL15 8RA
37.5 hours per week
Starting salary based on experience.
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 21st July 2023