Latest sewage & wastewater news
RA Dalton Ltd are the Klargester number one accredited installer covering the whole of the UK.
The Klargester BTA BioTec
The BioTec, affordable but efficient and it’s only getting better!
If you have looked at having a new sewage treatment plant installed over the past couple of months, you may have noticed a slight alteration to the name of one of the most popular systems on the market. The new Klargester BTA BioTec has superseded the older L/P range and with the new name has come a number of improvements.
The new operational quality of the BTA BioTec has blown the older unit out of the water, these new changes have broadened the applications where the system would be considered suitable.
Environmentally sensitive projects on a budget
Often with a high-quality unit and superior effluent standard comes a considerably higher price tag, however this is not the case with the new BTA system, offering an affordable solution to an increasingly expansive issue. Due to the improved effluent quality the new BioTec is proving to be very popular in Scotland where the effluent quality is under more strict enforcement.
However, the answer on a domestic scale for new developments in areas impacted by Nutrient Neutrality (more information here) could easily also fall under the BioTec’s scope of works. Delays in relation to this can already be a costly affair with additional investigations and site surveys being carried out so the last thing you need is an additional sum added for an alternative sewage treatment plant.
You can see for yourself the evidence of improvements made:
|Test Criteria||Older Model BioTecs||New BTA BioTec|
|Biochemical Oxygen Demand (BOD)||89.5%||96.2%|
|Suspended Solids (SS)||90.0%||97%|
What do these changes mean to you?
You can rest assured that whilst the system has been improved you will see no further changes as the proprietor, servicing and emptying intervals are remain the same and energy consumption will not increase providing the system is maintained sufficiently. Alongside this if the system is installed and maintained by a Klargester accredited installer you will be eligible to register your new sewage treatment plant under the Klargester extended warranty.
Features of the BTA include:
- Loss of Pressure or Pump Alarm as standard to alert you when the compressor is not working
- Manufactured from robust GRP
- No mechanical or electrical components within the plant – low running and maintenance costs
- Externally mounted blower for simple maintenance, no entry required into the plant
- Invert level options of 1m or 1.5m making the ideal solution for replacement failing septic tanks, as they are compatible with existing drain depths
- Low-level visibility pedestrian duty cover – safe for children and pets
- Suitable for concrete backfill
- Recommended installation to be located 7m from a habitable building, 10m from a watercourse or 50m from a borehole or well
- Ensures compliance with effluent quality
We offer both installation and servicing on these Klargester systems, why not give us a call to find out more!
East Kilbride Business Centre
14 Stroud Rd
Unit 2, Midway Business Centre
Bridge Street Industrial Estate
Clay Cross, Chesterfield